Thursday, August 25, 2005

Rainy Thursday

So I just typed up a long entry and it magically disappeard! I'll try to recreate it I guess...
It's another rainy, gloomy day here in Baumholder. I should get off work early because Thursday afternoon is supposed to be "family time" for the soldiers. The weather makes me want to go home and crawl under my blanket in the recliner, but I really need to go to the gym and workout. Maybe some time in the next few hours I'll find some motivation.
I found out yesterday that for our BMW to pass inspection (so we can sell it), it has to have the exhaust system replaced. That's going to cost us at least 300 euros so I'm not to excited about that!
Three girls that live in my building came over last night and we watched Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. We always talk when we see one another, but we had never all gotten together before. They are great girls and we had a good time so I hope we'll start hanging out together more often. It'll be good for us to have one another when the husbands are gone. Two of them are expecting their first children in December (baby girls), and I've already offered to babysit for them anytime!
Our friend Clint told me that he got engaged this past Saturday. Bryan and I are very happy for him. Congratulations Clint and Katie!
It's been a few days since I've talked to Bryan, but he left me a message this morning. He had just come off of a 24 hour duty and had been up for over 30 hours. He sounded extremely tired. He has another 12 hour duty starting this evening but if we're lucky I may get to talk to him sometime tonight.
Mama always tells me to share with her some of the recipes I talk to her about so I thought I'd put one on here. This is what I've been pigging out on all week!

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
Your guests are in for a sweet surprise when they try this unusual cheese ball--it tastes just like cookie dough!
Makes 1 cheese ball (about 2 cups) (16 servings).

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar

3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
graham crackers
Directions
1 In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add sugars; beat just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2 Place cream cheese mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap; shape into a ball. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3 Just before serving, roll cheese ball in pecans. Serve with graham crackers.

1 comment:

Kimberly Anderson said...

Woohoo! I remember seeing you mention making these (Chocolate Chip Cheese Balls) on your Yahoo Away message one night and I was going to ask you for the recipe...they sound YUMMY!!! ;)