Wednesday, August 10, 2005

See you in September.....

He's gone - again. Bryan left yesterday to go back to the field for just under a month. I hope to see him again for a short week right after Labor Day. Today is the 70th day we've spent apart this year and we're on day 222 of the year. This number wouldn't seem high if they were actually downrange, but they're just in the field a lot, playing war. I wanted to take a picture of him by his humvee with his name on it before he left last night. There were too many soldiers standing around though and he decided he didn't want me to take one. We kissed good-bye, with one of the soldiers jumping at the chance to say "No affection in uniform, sir!". I went back home to Misha, and I watched the end of A Walk To Remember. Of course they would show that movie on one of the nights we say good-bye.
Anyway, I'm still hoping I'll get one of those pictures of Bryan by his truck. Maybe in September...

No comments: