Monday, September 12, 2005

Are we the only ones?

Overall our weekend was pretty uneventful. We cooked out with some neighbors on Friday night. It was a lot of fun and we hung out until around midnight. On Saturday we just relaxed and tried to enjoy our last day together before Bryan went back to the field. Right before he goes to the field it always feels like this dark cloud is hanging over us. We can’t really think of or talk about anything but the field. I wonder if other people go through that too. We did have dinner at Portofino, the little Italian restaurant in town. When the weather is nice and you can get a good table it has the most awesome setting, and that's how it was for us Saturday night.
We got up early on Sunday morning for Bryan to leave. We went to the battery around 7:45. I went over to Burger King to get us some breakfast but on Sunday they only serve breakfast from 9:00 to 10:30. That seems pretty ridiculous to only serve it for an hour and a half. I ended up running over to the shoppette and getting Bryan a random mix of breakfast foods. All the while I was worried that the soldiers would load up to leave before I got back. I made it back and Bryan and I sat together before they loaded the busses at 8:30. When I got back home Misha and I sat in the recliner and watched the GA-SC game that we recorded. It wasn’t a very pretty game but a win is a win and I’ll take that.
I spent some time with my friend Natalia and her little girl, Makaya, yesterday afternoon. Last night my neighbor, Laura, invited me to have supper so I was very glad to be able to join her. Today I’m obviously back at work again! It’s been just me in the office lately so I’ve actually been doing a little bit of work!

1 comment:

Kimberly Anderson said...

Be not afraid..you are not alone with the "black cloud" over you two right before going to the field...that black cloud seems to be looming over us too leading up to this darned deployment...this is difficult on all of us but I have to say I'm so glad I have you in my corner and can call you my "friend"...we'll all get through this girl...

*~BIG HUGS~*