Friday, September 23, 2005

Good Friday!

First of all, WE SOLD THE CAR!!! We've been trying to get rid of the BMW before Bryan deploys, and I finally sold it today! We didn't get what we originally wanted to for it, but it's sold and that's the main thing that matters to me.

Georgia plays Mississippi St in Starkville on Saturday. The game is at 9pm and will be broadcast on ESPN 2. That is one late football game!

Goooo Dawgs!!
By BILL GOLDBERG
For the Journal-ConstitutionPublished on: 08/25/05

Wrestling in front of 40,000 screaming fans at the Georgia Dome, hosting my own TV show, sitting on the couch of The Tonight Show next to Jay Leno, playing the character Joey Battle in the remake of "The Longest Yard" with Bert Reynolds and Adam Sandler, listening to the national anthem in front of 70,000 people as a member of the Atlanta Falcons ... they pale in comparison to being between the hedges on a Saturday morning as a member of the "Red and Black."

Through the years I have been a very fortunate person to experience many wonderful things but I must say that being a Georgia Bulldog (being a part of that family) is a feeling unparalleled by anything else I have experienced. The pure love the Bulldog fans have for their beloved team is truly unmatched. Through thick and thin, through good times and bad, once a Dawg, always a Dawg.

Being a Georgia Bulldog doesn't mean being part of a team, it means being part of a family. In the South many kids are "bred" to be Bulldogs. I was not one of them. I grew up in Tulsa, Okla., in Sooner Country, far from Sanford Stadium. So what possessed a 17-year-old boy to leave the state of the No. 1 collegiate team to move to Athens? Just call it a gut feeling. Football in the South is somewhat of a religious experience. It is not just a game; it's a way of life.

I wanted to be a part of that.

Being out on the West Coast gives me a bit of a different perspective on college football. It's one that I don't completely understand. What is football in the South? Only one who has experienced it can say. I, for one, think it is the most wonderful experience in the world.

GO DAWGS!

Actor Bill Goldberg is a former Georgia football player and professional wrestler.
~Sent to me by my dad and Mike and probably some more people~

1 comment:

Matt said...

Yeah, how bout them Dawgs! Wish they would have made the 15 point spread though. You think if Auburn could shut out Miss. State 28-0 y'all could've beaten um by more then 15...but oh well! :-)

Thanks for visiting my blog. One of my best friends is FA serving with the 1st Cav Division in Texas and just returned from Iraq a few months ago. Best of luck to you and your hubby!