Thursday, September 15, 2005

Pregnant Bellies and Cheesecake


Laura, Vanessa, and Pam came over last night for the season finale of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I was a bad hostess last time and Laura brought over cookies and milk. Last night, however, I was determined to redeem myself! I had an Oreo Cheesecake waiting on the girls when they arrived.

Oreo Cheesecake
2 pkg. (8 oz each) cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream
2 eggs
Oreos (as many as you want)
Oreo pie crust

1. Preheat the oven to 325 F.
2. Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended. Chop 5-10 cookies. Gently stir chopped cookies into cream cheese batter; pour into crust. Sprinkle with extra chopped cookies.
3. Bake 45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.

The show was really sad last night and we probably often got a little teary-eyed ~ except for Vanessa's occasional chuckle! After the show was over, we got to talking about Vanessa's and Laura's bellies and how they compared in side. They decided to get up and stand next to one another to find out. It was so funny, and I wasn't about to let them get away with that without a picture being taken. So the picture at the top is Laura and Vanessa trying to figure out whose belly is bigger!
I talked to Bryan briefly yesterday. So far he's staying very busy, and that is a good thing for him. He's gotten where he won't eat hardly anything in the field (which bothers me), but he does seem to be getting decent sleep which is hard to come by out there. He's only been gone 5 days this time, but we're currently at 98 days for the year. As one can imagine, he's getting pretty tired of field problems but I told him not to worry because he's about to spend a year in the sand! He won't have to go back to Graf of Hohenfels for a LONG time!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The girl on the left has the bigger belly.......

Yalonde

Yalonde said...

I'm going to try this again...The girl on the left has the bigger belly......Yalonde

Yalonde said...

Cristin....I think I finally got it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cristin said...

You did get it! I'm so proud of you!

Kimberly Anderson said...

Ok you just cried "alittle" I was a blubbering idiot LOL...the way they did the babyroom is EXACTLY how I envision ours...of course won't be rich enough to do the fiber optics but I loved the clouds ceiling and the sun,moon,stars theme...

Hmmm, who's got the bigger belly...well they are both big and they are holding it different...one on the right seems "evenly" round and the one on the left looks like she swallowed a watermelon that is sitting pointy side out LOL..but they are BOTH adorable!!

*~hugs~*