Monday, January 09, 2006

51



I had a busy weekend to go along with the busy weeks I've been having!
My basketball team had practice on Friday night to prepare for our game on Saturday.
Saturday morning I took Misha to her grooming appointment in Kaiserslautern. We were there until 1pm and then my team had their game at 3. The girls won 31-16! I was pleasantly surprised at how well they did. Coaching them really does wear me out though. I swear that some of them spend half their time on another planet.
When I got home from the game Saturday evening, I talked to Bryan for a while and then went down to Laura's. We ordered delivery from the little Italian place in town and watched Wedding Crashers. Yesterday I did my Sunday ritual of cleaning and running errands. Desperate Housewives started back last night so that was exciting. It was the season premiere for the 2nd season so that shows how much we're behind the states. I also made some lemon cookies (in my new stand mixer by the way). They turned out pretty good. I really like lemon flavored things though. Here's the recipe:

SOFT LEMON DROPS

Preparation 30 min.
Baking 10 min.
Cooling 15 min.

Cookie Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup Butter, softened
1/2 cup Sour Cream
2 eggs
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Glaze Ingredients:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice

Instructions:
Heat oven to 350°F. Combine sugar and butter in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add sour cream, eggs, lemon peel and lemon extract; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. Combine powdered sugar and enough lemon juice for desired glazing consistency in small bowl. Frost cooled cookies with glaze.

Yield: 3 dozen cookies

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't want the flippin' recipe. I want the cookies!!!

Cristin said...

I have such demanding neighbors!