Tuesday, March 07, 2006

107

A lot has gone on in the past couple of weeks. Some of it I couldn't mention until recently for security reasons. As a result of the attack on the shrine in Iraq almost 2 weeks ago, Bryan's unit was put on alert to move north. The families were somewhat notified about the alert and expected them to leave quickly. Well, they got ready to go and waited..and waited...and waited. They never did go. There was some panic and confusion amongst the families, which turned out to be all for nothing.
The snow has continued to come down for about a week now. My team played their first round tournament game last Tuesday night and we were scheduled to play again Thursday and Friday. The games were postponed until Saturday due to the weather. Late Friday afternoon they postponed the games again with no plan as to when they would be played. Unfortunately, that meant the end of the season for our team. All but two players on my team left for a week long school trip to London on Monday morning. I received a call yesterday that our game was planned for last night. I knew that was going to happen. We had a good shot at winning the championship, but instead we had to forfeit and take 4th place. I hate it for my girls. We did finish the season 8-1 (plus the forfeit) though and that's definitely soemthing to be proud of.
This past weekend Bryan left to go "north" to participate in some training. It will be a short trip. It makes me a little nervous but I know that things will be fine. This is exciting for him and will be a good change of pace after the previous three months. Just say a little prayer that nothing crazy goes down while he's there!
Stacie came over on Saturday night and I made "You Won't Be Single for Long" Vodka Cream Pasta. It was pretty good but we decided it would be even better with some seafood in it. We also had a spinach salad, bread, and wine from our favorite German wine guy! Stacie is keeping Misha for me while I'm gone so I was glad to at least be able to fix a little dinner for her. After dinner we went up to Pam's, where she, Laura, Vanessa, and the babies were doing kareoke. It was a fun and funny time!
On Sunday, I taught my first ever sunday school class. It was a little intimidating but I survived. I think I'll keep my day job though. After church I ran errands and then baked chocolate chip cookies that afternoon for a care package for some of Bryan's soldiers. That night I prepared the care packages for them and Bryan while watching the best tv of the week - Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy!
I'm trying to do all the last minute things to get ready to go to Georgia. I'm looking forward to the 70-80 degree weather! This will probably be my last blog for a couple of weeks. My schedule for while I'm there is already out of control!
Tschuss!!

1 comment:

Shelleigh (aka Pie Shell) said...

Aw, Cristin! Have a wonderful, relaxing, exciting time!!!

Welcome Home!