Monday, April 17, 2006

149





First, I want to wish my brother a Happy 22nd Birthday! I can't believe he's this old! It's also my friend Sarah's birthday today. I don't think either of them read my blog but I wanted to recognize them today anyway!

Mondays are always funny. People will ask me how my weekend was and what I did. Most of the time I can't even remember. How sad is that?!? Today I was just going to blog about my weekend, but I'm having to really think to remember what the heck I did...

Friday was a USAREUR (US Army Europe) training holiday. The soldiers always have those off in addition to federal holidays. I don't usually get training holidays but I guess the higher-ups were feeling generous this weekend, because they let most of the civilians in our detachment have Friday off. I just spent most of the day being lazy and enjoying having a week day off. That night Stacie and I went to dinner at my favorite German restaurant. We are having our 2nd annual Cinco de Mayo coffee in May so we're trying to make plans for it. It was a hit last year, so this year we're trying to make it even better!
I didn't do anything spectacular on Saturday. Since Laura feeds me dinner so often, I decided to return the favor. She and Tally came over for dinner and Laura and I had agreed that we wanted a "southern" supper. I fixed meatloaf, macaroni salad, and broccoli casserole.
On Sunday I got up and went to church. Our chapel on post has been undergoing renovations for quite a while but we were able to move our services back in to it for Easter. It was nice to have church in a church again, rather than the fellowship hall-type place we were having it. After church I got Tally and babysat her for a few hours. I'm definitely getting PLENTY of baby practice since I have a 5 month old and 4 month old for neighbors! Later on in the day, I went to another friends' house to eat. I made a Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake to take. It was pretty good, but the recipe can definitely use some improvement in my opinion. It was nice to have a real Easter dinner. There were more kids than adults at her house though, so by the end of the day I was glad to get back to my house where it was just me and Misha.
While I was talking to my family on the phone last night Bryan tried calling me. I didn't get the voice mail from him until MUCH later. It is always SO frustrating when I miss a chance to talk to him. We're going to try to talk tonight though so I'm excited. I've been looking forward to it all day! 13 more minutes until I'm off!

No comments: