Wednesday, May 03, 2006

165



Today I want to wish our friend, Vince, and my aunt Yalonde, Happy Birthday! I hope it's a great one for both of you! My parents also celebrated their 28th wedding anniversary this past Saturday. That's impressive and something to be proud of so congratulations to them too!

This past Saturday my basketball team was reunited to participate in a tournament hosted by a town near us, Idar-Oberstein. There was our team, another boys team from Baumholder, a few German teams, and a few French teams. It wasn't the most organized event ever, but it was a great idea and a positive experience for everyone involved. Hopefully, they'll have another tournament next year and we will be invited to participate again. The picture at the top is before our first game. My girls were 12-15 and we actually played a 13-18 year old co-ed team from France.

Nothing really eventful has happened since then. I guess that's why I haven't blogged much lately. I don't like saying over and over that there's nothing to talk about. It did snow for a few minutes on Saturday, which was crazy! The weather has been nice since then though. It actually got up close to 70 yesterday.

Bryan and his guys continue to do well. They are content being in Iraq and it helps the time pass quickly because they are working so much. We are both REALLY looking forward to R&R but it still doesn't look like it's going to happen until August. We keep holding out hope that the next 3 months will fly by for us!

1 comment:

Pixie said...

I'm hoping and praying it will happen "before ya know it"!

You're a trooper Ms. Cristin - great looking team, too!