Friday, May 05, 2006

167

Random thoughts....

Last night while Bryan & I were instant messaging I thought about some sayings that I just don't like.
When servicemembers are deployed, why do people say "Come Home Soon"? It's not like that individual service member has any say so in when they get to come home. That's totally determined by the gods of the Army as I like to call them.
You see a lot of stickers and other things that say "Army Wife - Toughest Job in the Army". Yeah, I don't like that one either. I do think that our "job" is much harder than it seems and we often go unnoticed and unappreciated, but I would never claim that my role as an Army wife is tougher than that of a soldier who is in combat. To me that borders on being an insult to them. They will see and experience things that we could never begin to fathom.
"Have a safe flight." Once again, do I have any control on whether or not the flight is safe? I just have to sit in my seat and put my seatbelt on, put the seat in the upright position, and stow my traytable all when I'm told to.

Another thing that gets on my nerves is people who can't park. This morning when I got to work, there were 3 good spots that couldn't be parked in because people don't know how to stay between the lines. Two of the cars were pretty small so I don't have a clue what their problem was. The third automobile was a Ford pick-up. I understand that it's pretty big, but it should have been able to get between the lines. Here's my advice - If you can't park it, don't drive it!

I'll now move on to a more positive thought. Yesterday when I picked up my mail, I had a package that Bryan had ordered. He got me the book "While They're At War" that I've been wanting. I'm looking forward to reading it. I've just still got to get through "A Million Little Pieces". I've been working on that book forever. I'm a fast reader too. Like I've said time and again, I can't figture out what all the hype was about. The book is not that good.

It's Friday, and there are less than 200 days left in the deployment! Woohoo!

No comments: