Monday, May 08, 2006

170






~I would just like to begin by saying I was not in a bad mood or having a bad day on Friday! I was mostly joking around when I wrote that post!~




At 7pm on Friday night I boarded a bus that was headed for Poland. Outdoor Rec sponsored a Polish Pottery Shopping Trip over the weekend. Sometime between 6 and 7 am Saturday, we made our first shopping stop. We ended up making about 6 different stops around the town of Boleslawiec. I knew before I went that I wanted some pottery in the Americana pattern. Once I got to the first shop though, I found the pansy pattern and really liked it. Most people have a design that is "their pattern" and then at every shop look for more pieces in that pattern to add to their collection. I only wanted bakeware and serving pieces, but they also sell all sizes of plates, bowls, mugs, and more. We finally finished shopping around 3 or 4 Saturday afternoon. We got back to Baumholder at 2am on Sunday. It was a really good trip overall. The pictures at the top are off all the pieces I bought in each of my patterns. There are also a few more pictures on my fotopic site under the May link.

1 comment:

shelleigh (aka Pixie) said...

NICE! Do you need my address???? LOLOLOL. Looks like you had a good time girl! All we can buy here at "touristy" stores is cut out coyotes in mauve and light blue. eeeek!

Just kidding. That is a SCORE!

Happy Monday pretty girl!

That donut is getting greener!