Wednesday, May 24, 2006

186


This picture is really dark, but this is my friend Stacie and I. We hosted our 2nd annual Cinco de Mayo coffee last week for the senior wives in the battalion. Our first coffee last year was such a hit that we had to do the Cinco de Mayo theme again. The other ladies had apparently been looking forward to it for a while because they kept trying to RSVP before we had even sent out invitations.
Our menu included soft tacos with chicken or beef, a guacamole salad, tequila fruit salad, beef and cheese dip, cilantro cream sauce/dip, rice and beans, empanadas, margarita cake, and an assortment of beverages. I would say that it was a successful night. Now I have to start preparing for the Cinco de Mayo coffee 2007! I'll still be here, but Stacie will probably be gone, so I'll have to find a new cohostess. I'm sure it'll be a fun night again though!

1 comment:

shelleigh (aka Pixie) said...

Heeeey! You got to use your new dishes! That's quite a spread Cristin - did you two cook all that food yourselves? Don't let anyone here know or they'll be trying to hire you for Quinceaneras.

I WAS going to have cereal for breakfast, now I'll have to stop at Tia Rosa on my way to work for a breakfast burrito.

Happy day you!