Monday, June 19, 2006

212

Last night I got back from a 4 day trip to Italy. This picture is from Pisa. I wasn't trying to imitate the leaning tower with my head, I was just being silly. We basically spent 2 days driving and 2 days there. We stayed at Camp Darby, which is a small military installation. We went to the beach in the neighboring town of Terrenia. The towns in the area were very small but I enjoyed that and hope Bryan & I may be able to go back next year. The drive was an adventure since we had 4 adults and a baby in a 5 person car, but the beautiful scenery made it worthwhile. In 4 days I stood on the coast of Italy and in the middle of the Alps and saw everything in between. I hope to have more pictures online soon.

Somehow my tire issue made it's way to some important people in AAFES, which is who manages the car center on post. I never made a complaint so I don't know how that happened. Someone called me on Friday to see how they could "help" me. Now they want to see if they can get the tire I need. Obviously, after everything that happened I'm not about to give them my business again so easily. I will listen to what they have to say though.

It's now official (although I'll never say 'definite' when referring to the Army) that Bryan should be here in around 2 weeks. I'm so excited but at the same time I'm trying to keep my mind off of it so that the days don't drag by too slowly. He will probably leave again before our anniversary (which is a month from today!) but I can deal with that. Having 14 days together will be more than enough to keep me happy.

1 comment:

Pixie said...

LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY GIRL!

It's so good to hear from you again! Post more pictures of Italy!!!