Monday, June 26, 2006

219


So much for cleaning. I was hardly at home this weekend, so I didn't get much accomplished in that department. First thing Saturday morning I went to the gym and did an hour on the elliptical. Later on, myself, Pam, Laura, & Tally all went to the lake near Baumholder. I knew it was there, but I had never actually been there. We had a really nice afternoon there and I look forward to going back soon. I told Bryan that I may try to coerce him into going while he's here. I figured he may not be too excited about experiencing the sun and sand. Then he reminded me that if it's 80 degrees here, then that's about 40 degrees less than what he's living in right now! He may be cold if he goes out in just a swimsuit! Anyway, we had fun introducing Tally to the lake. We took the picture above when I finally got brave enough to get all the way in the water.
Sunday I went to church and then spent most of the afternoon at my friend Sara's house. Our other friend Sarah had her 1st wedding anniversary but obviously she wasn't able to celebrate it with her husband. We had lunch and then looked at one another's wedding albums. As we were looking at my album, I was thinking how I can't believe it's already been almost 3 years since Bryan and I were married. I guess time flies when you're having fun! Married life in the Army isn't what most people would consider ideal, but we definitely do the best we can with what we've got. I hope we were able to make Sarah's anniversary special for her and that this will be the only one she has to celebrate separate from her husband.
After I left Sara's I did my weekly trips to the commissary, PX, and Powerzone. Last night was the usual Sunday night dinner and tv at Laura's. I eventually made my way back up to our home and finally to bed!

2 comments:

Pixie said...

That picture is Hallmark quality. OMG - the way she is holding your face is absolutely precious!!!!

Pixie said...

I just cannot stop looking at it... so much happiness. SO MUCH HAPPINESS. It's contageous... thank you for spreading it.

*off to kiss my bean*.