Wednesday, September 13, 2006

298


Things are starting to get back to normal for me again.
Mama and Dale arrived on the 31st and I went to the airport to pick them up. I came back to work for a few hours, but then my boss let everyone go home early that day. On Friday I drove us to Brugge, Belgium. We spent the night there and left just before noon on Saturday. From Brugge we went to Brussels and spent the night there also. We came back to Baumholder on Sunday to get a little rest before venturing out again.
On Monday I drove us up the Rhine River and back down the Mosel River. Along the way we stopped at Bacharach, St. Goar, Burg Eltz, and Bernkastel-Kues for their annual wine fest.
I worked again Tuesday through Thursday. On Tuesday Mama and Dale walked around downtown Baumholder and on Wednesday and Thursday they went to nearby Idar-Oberstein on a bus themselves. Thursday evening we also went to a family day event that was hosted by Bryan's battalion.
Friday we went to Heidelberg for the day and Saturday we went to Trier.
Of course we enjoyed eating a lot of good German food while they were here!
Sunday morning I took them to the airport for their long flight back to the states.
Monday I resumed my daily work and workout routine. After work that day I went to spinning. Yesterday I did my early morning weight lifting before work. This evening I'm going to attend my 2nd yoga class ever!

1 comment:

Pixie said...

The beautiful eye genes run deep, I see!

Sounds like a wonderful time Cristin. How foreign a concept to drive to different countries in a day.

I'll bring back pics from Disneyland!

Be happy!