Tuesday, December 12, 2006

All About Christmas!

Welcome to the 2006 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know
Your Friends!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the
tree?
He just sits them under the tree

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White - This is an ongoing debate in our home

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, but I was tempted to buy some in Trier last weekend

5. When do you put your decorations up?
This year it was immediately after Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
I'm going to be a rebel and still pick dessert! Mama's red velvet cake is a favorite

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
The WHOLE family coming to our house on Christmas day!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Mama always said that as long as you believe Santa will still come and I still believe!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
I have, but it's not a regular thing

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
We have a hodge podge of decorations. My parents hosted a Christmas engagement party for Bryan and I, and every guest brought an ornament. Those are really special to us now because they remind us of particular friends and family. We have other random decorations that we have gotten since we've been married - including a lot from Germany! We also have white and multi colored lights as a compromise b/c I like white but Bryan likes colored.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
It's great as long as I don't have to leave my house.

12. Can you ice skate?
I try

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Our trampoline was the most fun to get, but my Richie bear was special too

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Spending time with friends and/or family

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
I enjoy Mama's red velvet cake

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Every year right before we go to bed, Mama reads 'Twas the Night Before Christmas

17. What tops your tree?
a star

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
Giving, but everybody knows receiving is fun too!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Thistlehair the Christmas Bear

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yum.

1 comment:

Pixie said...

Ooooh! I'm borrowing this!!!