Thursday, February 07, 2008

In Need of Sleep


I was looking for a picture from when Marlie was 2 months old and this one could not have been more fitting. I would have given anything for this last night. Marlie is a terrible napper but usually sleeps great at night. Not last night. She woke up at 10, 2, and 4. That last time I couldn't get her back to sleep until somewhere between 0530 and 0600. From then until we woke up for good I slept sitting up holding her. Six months ago I wouldn't have been able to sleep anyway but lying down. However, now I've become a pro at sleeping while sitting. Regardless of my new mom talents, I look forward to the day when her daddy can take care of her for me!

1 comment:

~:*:*:Pixie:*:*:~ said...

I have the weekend off... I'm "supposed" to clean and re-energize and stay on task.

I'm afraid I can't do that because HERE YOU ARE! ha haaaaa - and I have a LOT of catching up to do.

Oh my goodness - it is so good to see you...

Have Bryan hug you and you hug him for me, k?

This feels like a homecoming in a way.

MOST IMPORTANT: She is the most beautiful baby in the WORLD - good job, you two!

Love.