Friday, March 07, 2008

Calling Afghanistan

This is something that has been frustrating me this week. Bryan and I try not to put a price on communication but it's hard not to think about when it's this crazy. We tried using the free phones that are provided but that didn't work too well. We kept losing our connection so we spent the whole time saying "Are you there? Can you hear me?". Next Bryan tried using a phone card and that was more expensive than we'd hoped. Then I found a phone card specifically for calling Afghanistan from the US and it appeared to be a pretty good rate. Of course once I used it, it wasn't near as good as advertised. It was much easier calling Iraq from Germany than this! That just doesn't seem right to me.

This may be a pointless post. After I typed it Bryan tried one more route. It seems like it's going to be our best option so hopefully it will continue to work well.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

~:*:*:Pixie:*:*:~ said...

I hope so!!!

ABW said...

Ugh! I hope that you figure something out soon. I'm sure we will be battling this once he gets settled in over there.