Thursday, April 24, 2008

My first sewing project!

A few years ago I decided I wanted to learn to sew. My parents gave me a sewing machine for my birthday shortly thereafter. I finally had my first sewing lesson from my aunt yesterday - about 3 1/2 years later!
When we were in Oklahoma I bought a burp cloth at an arts and crafts fair that was made out of ACU's. It was pink terrycloth on the bottom and had "Daddy's Little Girl" embroidered on it. I loved that cloth. A month ago I dropped it in Walmart and it was never turned in to the lost and found. I decided that once I learned to sew, I would try to make one similar to it. However, that actually turned out to be my first project. It's not perfect by any means and I had more than a little help but I am really pleased with it! Thank you again for the lessons, aunt Y!


3 comments:

Tara said...

very cute! I have been making almost the exact same thing this past week. Sewing is fun and I love to know how to make things from scratch but really don't like having a ton to do. Give Marlie a kiss from Ramsey.

~:*:*:Pixie:*:*:~ said...

OMG!!!! You have a sewing machine that does embossing??? GET OUT!

Lucky girl! That's adorable!

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire and Annelise said...

Impressive! I have picked up sewing here and there...made Christmas stockings for the 3 of us two years ago, and am currently working on some ROman shades for the girls' rooms. But sewing writing...wowee! THat is super amazing!