Monday, April 14, 2008

Parties

This was another busy weekend! I spent Thursday and Friday morning making the cupcakes for my sister's birthday "cake". Friday afternoon I took her shopping so that my parents could prepare for her surprise party that night. We arrived back to their house Friday evening and many of her friends were there to wish her a happy 16th birthday. She was surprised for the most part which is quite an accomplishment between a bunch of high schoolers and today's technology. Here she is blowing out her candles.


On Saturday night I went to a wedding shower for some friends. There were a lot of people there and I joked that it was pretty overwhelming to me since I'm used to spending most of my time around Marlie only. I really enjoyed the night though and it was good to spend some adult time with my friends. I did take Marlie with me for a few minutes and I wish I could have gotten a picture of us both dressed up but it didn't work out.

Some of our family also came into town this weekend and it was good to see them. Marlie and her cousin Aiden got to spend some time together, although I'm not sure how Marlie felt about it at first. Here are a few pictures of the two of them. They are just under 7 months apart.

We wanted to take a picture, but Aiden wanted to "love" on Marlie

We got them to sit still for a second

Marlie gets her revenge

Being sweet with their great aunt

No comments: