Monday, May 12, 2008

Looking Back, Looking Ahead

I am blessed and I am thankful.
These are my thoughts about my first Mother's Day. This weekend I spent a lot of time reflecting on the past 18 months. God challenged Bryan and I very early in my pregnancy, and we learned right away what a precious gift our baby girl is. There have been some VERY hard times over the past year and a half, but I have never lost sight of how blessed I am to be Marlie's mother.
Yesterday in church our pastor focused on Proverbs 31:30. Bryan (& Marlie of course!) gave me a book for Mother's Day called The Mission of Motherhood. When I opened it last night to begin reading it, the first chapter began with Proverbs 31:30 -
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
I love that verse and I'm so glad to have come across it twice yesterday. The scripture is talking about "a wife of noble character", but I hope that as she grows up, Marlie will see that in me as her mother.

3 comments:

Linda said...

hmmmm...that was the bible verse that we put on our Mother's Day gifts for the ladies at our church (I'm on the women's ministry team and we made decorative keytags with that verse, only we used the version from The Message bible).

I think you will be a good example to Marlie, by having recognized what you need to do to raise HER up right.

Tara said...

Happy Mommy's Day to you. I hope MIss Marley was good to you.

~:*:*:Pixie:*:*:~ said...

From every indication so far, you are doing PERFECTLY.