Monday, July 28, 2008

Marlie is 11 months old

Marlie is 11 months old as of today. She's crawling all over the place and pulling up on anything she can. She has apparently realized how to "run" away from me because each time I see her doing something she's not supposed to, she takes off crawling away from me! She is full of energy and loves playing and swimming. She is always babbling. She says mama and dada (though not with a purpose) and tries to say baby and book.
I'm trying to start getting the house ready for Bryan's arrival but she's not making things easy. If I'm not following behind her picking things up that she's gotten into, she's following behind me messing things up. Here's a perfect example. I had all her cloth diapers folded and arranged in the far left slot and all her book in the middle slot. She pulled up on the changing table and pulled out all the cloth diapers. After that she scooted over a bit and pulled out the books. The good thing is that I usually secretly laugh at her rather than let it fluster me.

Here is another picture I took of her when we were playing in her room a few days ago. I love her big blue eyes and hope they stay the color they are.

Right before we left for the beach, her nursery letters arrived. I ordered these from another military wife who custom makes them. I love the letters and think she did a wonderful job. She matched them to Marlie's bedding. I haven't taken a picture of the whole crib and the letters but I plan to soon. Here are the letters after I put them up a few days ago.

And here are a couple of more photos while I'm at it. The first one is of Marlie wearing her new watermelon print diaper and the second was after she had just woken up. She's a wild sleeper and this time her hair showed just how wild!

2 comments:

Tara said...

so funny. Glad I'm not alone in the baby wrangling department.

Capture Photography said...

ahhhhh!!!! cannot wait to photograph this sweet little one!!!!! looks like i'll be getting a workout in while chasing her around with the camera.... :)

see you all in about a month!
~j