Thursday, August 28, 2008

Marlie is 1!

Today is Marlie's first birthday! She was born at 10:38 am Oklahoma time last year. She is fighting a cold (or maybe allergies?) and we are trying our best to help her feel better. For the past few years, EVERY first birthday party I've been to, the child has been sick. I was hoping that wouldn't be the case with Marlie, but look what has happened! Hopefully she will be back to normal by her party though.
We started the day by steaming up the bathroom real good and sitting in there for a while. Bryan and I sang her 'Happy Birthday' and she has been wearing her "It's my Birthday" bib for each of her meals. She received a present from a friend yesterday morning and has been playing with it a lot already.
I am a little sad that our baby is already a year but I'm not going to get as upset about it as some people do. I always try to enjoy Marlie just as she is at the moment. I don't wish for her to grow up faster, but I don't wish that she was younger again either. We're going to prepare for her party today and tomorrow. On Saturday we will be having her party and I know it's going to be so much fun for all of us!

2 comments:

Tara said...

oh Cristin, I totally agree with your outlook on your Marlie getting older. I hate that she is sick and hope she is better soon. Give her a birthday smooch from Ramsey. Don't forget to give your self the props you deserve for being a great Mom and surviving the first year wiser than you began it.

Just a Girl in a Port said...

Happy belated birthday Miss Marlie!