Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Good and Bad

I always want the bad news first, so I'll start with that. Bryan left again yesterday. He had to be at the airport at 1pm. Once we arrived there and he checked in, he found out that he wouldn't be flying until after 7pm. He was ok with just sitting at the airport all that time, but I talked him into leaving for a while. We rode over to a nearby shopping center for a few hours. We just walked around and got something to eat. I took him back to the airport around 4:15 so that I could try to get out of Atlanta before traffic got bad. It seems like it should get easier to say goodbye but it really doesn't. The hardest part for me these days is seeing him say goodbye to Marlie. Last time he left she really didn't know the difference but now I'm sure she does. I'm ready for him to come back home again!
On a more cheerful note, Jessica has posted a few pictures from Marlie's birthday party. You can see them on her blog at: http://flynnscapturephotography.blogspot.com

2 comments:

~:*:*:Pixie:*:*:~ said...

Unbelievable.

I was smiling with tears in my eyes... could almost feel the love and happiness (because I'm big fat sap).

Thank you for sharing these Cristin...

Hang in there... he'll be home for "real" soon.

<3

Shell and Bean.

Jae and Sierra said...

That stinks! He wasn't home for long! At least you were able to capture all those memories with your beautiful pictures! I love them! When Jae was deploying, someone told me..."the sooner you get them on the plane, the sooner you'll have them back!" Easier said than done, I know.