Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentine's Day Weekend

This past weekend was a 4 day for Bryan so we decided to head down to Georgia. We left when Bryan got off work on Thursday. After driving for a couple of hours, we stopped to eat and let Marlie move around a little. By the time we got back in the car it was Marlie's normal bedtime, so luckily she slept most of the rest of the way. We finally got to my parents' house a little before 1am.

On Saturday, Bryan & I went to Atlanta to celebrate Valentine's Day. That afternoon we had the chance to meet up with a couple of my friends from college that I hadn't seen in a while. We had dinner at Aria which is supposed to be one of the most romantic restaurants in Atlanta. We stayed at The Mansion on Peachtree which also gets rave reviews. Here is a picture I took of our room when we got back from dinner.


Here is a close up of the champagne and chocolate cupid that were waiting on us.


On Sunday morning we did a little more shopping before leaving Atlanta. We went back to my parents for one more night and left on Monday. Overall, Marlie did very well on the drive. She's not a fan of riding in the car but hopefully she'll continue to adjust to it.

1 comment:

The Tooles said...

You deserve the splurge...looks amazing! Not everyone gets their very own chocolate cupid=) I'm sure you enjoyed time together as a couple (without Marlie)...Growing up we called it "dump the kids" when our parents would go somewhere cool without us...now I understand how necessary it really is!