Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Learning to Knit

Late Friday night I FINALLY finished my first knitting project. I definitely made some mistakes but I'm pretty satisfied since I taught myself. Next month I'm taking an actual class and I'm very excited about it.


On Saturday morning we went to the yarn store where I'm going to take my knitting lessons. I got the yarn I need for my class and a few other skeins.
After the yarn store, we stopped by a small cloth diaper event downtown. I bought one diaper from a lady who makes them. I also met another Army wife who makes the cutest childrens' clothes. She didn't have anything in Marlie's size with her but said I could come over and go through her patterns and fabrics. I look forward to having her make an outfit (or more!) for M.
When we finally arrived home from our morning out, I had more yarn waiting for me in the mail! They are the 2 matching skeins in the middle. I don't know what I'm going to do with all this yarn, but I'm sure I can figure it out!

1 comment:

The Tooles said...

I admire your "craftiness." I don't have the patience for sewing, knitting...I usually just end up frustrated, but I'm glad you have a hobby you enjoy so much! I shall live vacariously through you=)