Wednesday, March 04, 2009

My first pillow!

A few nights ago I made my first pillow. I looked for a while for some pillows for our living room furniture and never could find anything that was just right. After consulting with my aunt (aka my sewing teacher), she assured me that I could make my own. It is as basic as a pillow can get, but was SO easy! Now I've got to make a few more!


Yesterday was Marlie's first day of "school". It's really not school, but hourly care at the child development center. She was only there for an hour and a half but I think that was plenty for her first day. When I dropped her off she started playing right away and wasn't worried about me at all. They said she was content the whole time, but when I picked her up, she just looked overwhelmed to me. She's always so wide open and happy so I think being around a few fussy kids may have stressed her out a little. She goes back tomorrow so I'm interested in seeing how she reacts.

2 comments:

Erin said...

That's really good. I wish I could make cool stuff.

Tara said...

good pillow! You know you've got skills.