Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Mmm, Cheesecake Batter

I had to neglect the blog last week due to being sick. I suddenly started feeling bad on Tuesday and my throat was very painful. I took Marlie to “school” that morning and came back home to try to rest. On Wednesday morning I was able to get an appointment at the clinic. As soon as the nurse looked in my throat she said it definitely looked like I had strep. They did a swab and the test did come back positive for strep. The treatment I received was simply a penicillin shot. I don’t recall having ever had strep, and it is not fun. It takes much more of a toll on you that just a sore throat. I started feeling like myself again by the weekend and was glad to be able to be close with Marlie again, since I couldn’t while I was contagious.

When I made a cheesecake last weekend, Bryan grabbed the bowl so that he could give Marlie a taste. She rarely has sweets so she really enjoyed sampling the batter.




Marlie has a favorite "new" toy. She received this bear 2 Christmases ago from my aunt and family. He "reads" 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. Marlie drags him all over the house, and we have the pleasure of hearing the story multiple times each day.


On Sunday night we went to a cookout with some of our friends that were stationed in Germany with us. They’ve been stationed here for a little over a year, but he was deployed so she went home during that time. We had so much fun getting together with them and some other families from Bryan’s unit.

This morning I had an interview at one of the gyms on post. They are hiring instructors for some of their fitness classes. The interview went well. As soon as all the paperwork goes through, I’ll probably start teaching a class one day a week. In a couple of months there will probably be an opportunity for me to add another class. There may even be a chance for me to do a little personal training which is what I’m most interested in. I’m excited about the prospect about doing a little bit of fitness work while still being able to stay at home with Marlie full-time.

The three of us are preparing for family to visit over the next week. We’re looking forward to showing them our new home and duty station.

2 comments:

Erin said...

she's so cute.

The Tooles said...

Glad you are feeling better. I used to get strep a lot as a kid and it does wipe you out. Cool you will do fitness classes. I just found a "Mommy and Me" water aerobics class here that includes Caroline...should be exciting! Have fun with your family=)