Tuesday, May 19, 2009

And I'll be running...

For a while now I have been toying with the idea of running some local races. In Germany I used to love running the Race for the Cure 5Ks, but I haven't done anything like that since 2006. Yesterday I bit the bullet and signed up to run a 10K next month. That is 6.2 miles and much further than I've ever run at one time. I am really excited about doing it though!
This morning was my first training run. It was only 2 miles which is short compared to a real runner's standards. Hopefully in just a few short weeks I'll be running 3 times that!

1 comment:

The Tooles said...

Good Luck...I also aspire to be a runner, but a 5K is my max. I admire your guts to try a 10K. Train with a running stroller if you have one..taking away 30 extra pounds + wind resistance always makes me feel like I am flying around the track...Like a swimmer that shaves before the big race=)