Monday, May 04, 2009

I'm Still Here

A week or so ago our laptop went down. That is the computer I always use. For some reason, it bothers me to sit at the desk and use the computer when I'm used to the freedom of the laptop. So there's my excuse for my lack of blogging. We're still around though and things are going well.
This past weekend was a 3 day weekend for Bryan. We used the extra time on Friday to take care of some things that we've been needing to get done. We went and renewed my ID card which is typically a painful process for people. In Germany, I worked in the office where the cards were made so I could always get mine taken care of. I guess we got lucky by going on Friday morning because we were in and out much quicker than we had expected. After that we took a rare family shopping trip to the commissary.
Saturday Fort Campbell held it's regular post wide yard sale. Typically most houses set up a yard sale and people can just walk down the streets checking out what each house has to offer. It was rainy and cool on Saturday morning though so a lot of families decided not to participate. I wasn't going to be deterred and I set up shop in our garage. The conditions weren't pleasant but I considered the morning to be a great success. I got rid of a lot of things that we didn't want and have some cash to show for it!
Saturday evening some of our new friends came over for a Cinco de Mayo get together. We had tons of delicious Mexican food and a great time. Marlie loved having little friends over too - a 2 year old, 15 month old, and 5 month old!
Yesterday was our usual Sunday. We went to church and while Marlie napped I went to take care of a few things I needed to do. Bryan has been anxious to make some homemade fish and chips for quite a while now, and I enjoyed coming home to that dinner.
Today we start our weekday routines again. Bryan is looking forward to having another 4 day work week though!

No comments: