Monday, June 22, 2009

Fun, Fun Weekend!


This was another fun & busy weekend for us. Saturday morning I ran in my first 10K! Those 6.2 miles were the furthest I've ever run. Although Bryan can run much faster and farther than me, he ran right beside me the whole time. I am really thankful he did that to support me.
We had to be at the race site at 6am, so Marlie's babysitter came to our house at 5. The race began at 7am and after 1 hour and 14 minutes, we completed it! Since this was my first race of this distance, my goals were just to run the whole thing and not finish last. I accomplished both of those goals.

Even though we were exhausted that evening, the 3 of us joined our friends at Jazz on the Lawn. Jazz is held throughout the summer at a winery here in town. Everyone takes their own chairs and blankets and sits on the lawn. The event name is a little deceptive because they have bands that play all genres of music, not just jazz. Everyone brings a picnic dinner and enjoys the local wine. We had quite a crowd between all of our friends and kids. I think the kids had as much (if not more) fun that the adults!

Of course Sunday was all about celebrating Father's Day for us. Church is always a priority for us on Sunday, but we decided to go out for a family breakfast in honor of Bryan. He loves to eat breakfast at places like Ihop and we rarely get there. We enjoyed a big breakfast and getting to leisurely enjoy our morning.
Even though it seems like the dad shouldn't be doing the cooking on Father's Day, Bryan was determined to do a lot of grilling. While Marlie played in her pool yesterday evening, Bryan grilled steak and ribs. I made macaroni & cheese and roasted vegetables so we had quite a feast. Bryan wasn't able to be with us on his first Father's Day, so I'm glad he enjoyed his second one so much. Marlie is crazy about her daddy, and I am so thankful to have a husband that is such a great father. (Of course I have to add that my daddy is pretty awesome too! ;)

M enjoys one of the perks of having your own pool - swimming au naturel!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Way to go guys! And we have that exact pool in our backyard.