Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Going in the Potty!


To some this may not be an appropriate topic for blogging, but as a first time mom, I've got to post it! Marlie has been very interested in the potty for a while now. That's why we went ahead and bought one a few months ago even though we knew she wouldn't use it yet. She will mention it and want to sit on it, but that's as far as things have gone.
During lunch on Monday she was saying potty over and over so I agreed to let her up to sit on it. (She has also learned that the potty is a good procrastination tactic.) We went in and I sat her on the big potty but on her little seat. She sat and talked for a while. Eventually I figured she was pulling my leg again. I asked her if she was done and she replied 'no.' A couple of minutes later she got serious and next thing I know, she had taken her first poop in the potty! She was so excited and we all celebrated a little to show her how good that was. I'm sure it will be a while before she successfully goes again, but it was a start!

3 comments:

Jae and Sierra said...

Way to go Marlie!!!!! I know exactly what you mean...it is so exciting, whether anyone else gets it or not. Sounds like she might be on her way!

Tara said...

hell yeah, that is awsome Marlie!

Erin said...

Yayyy Marlie! I'm excited for you.