Monday, August 10, 2009

Taking It Easy

This weekend was a relatively low key one for us. We hung out at home on both Friday & Saturday nights. On Saturday morning we went to one of the local lakes for the first time. A neighbor told me about Cheatham Lake and how much her family enjoyed it. We decided to check things out for ourselves. We invited some friends and left shortly after we woke up on Saturday. On the way we did make a pit stop at a local doughnut shop for an on the go breakfast.
Just before 10AM we arrived at the Cheatham Dam Right Bank Recreation Area. There was a small "beach" and roped off area for swimming. Marlie was all about playing in the sand and was even braver in the water than normal. I never even took my camera out of the bag so I'm glad Holly got some shots of our girls.

M & Katelynn playing in K's tent



K's huge bucket of toys happened to include an umbrella!



Serious business!


Bryan & I have tried to start a tradition of watching movies together on Saturday nights - if we're home & have the energy to stay up! We take turns choosing the movie and this week was my pick. My selection was Believe In Me, which is about a girls high school basketball team and their coach in the 1960s. As expected, I liked the movie better than Bryan. I thought it was good and way better than 3:10 to Yuma, which was his last choice. Regardless of our opinions of the movies, we both enjoy our movie nights!

It's now less than 3 weeks until Marlie turns 2! I am now completely in the middle of planning 2 different birthday parties. If I can keep my head on straight, they should be a lot of fun!

No comments: