Monday, October 05, 2009

Art, Jazz, Oktoberfest & Apples

Once again, I've neglected my blog. Here's a recap of what we've been up to the past two weekends.

Last Saturday I got up early to run 11 miles. I can't believe I've made it this far in my training - but still have about a month left! After I got home and cleaned up, Bryan, M & I went out for some Saturday morning family fun. We went to the Customs House Museum & Cultural Center in downtown Clarksville. They were having a kid's art day so children were able to make art with collages, finger paint, play dough, and string. We ran into some of our friends there so it turned out to be a really fun morning.
On Saturday evening we went to another Jazz on the Lawn. This time I remembered to bring my camera!
Marlie & Hunter half eating and half playing


She's dangerous!


M likes Beachhaven's Raspberry wine!


The clever way we hurried the kids to the car when the weather got bad


The fun continued this weekend. The Clarksville Edelweiss Club hosted Oktoberfest this weekend so we couldn't resist visiting it on Friday night. We all ate some schnitzel, Bryan had some beer, I had cake, and M got to ride some carnival rides.
Bryan & M dancing to the polka music


She was really getting it!


The highlight of M's night


Saturday morning was the post wide yard sale so we had to for go our usual Saturday morning family time. Saturday evening we went to an apple orchard to check out their apple festival. There wasn't as much to it as I had hoped but we always enjoy visiting new places.
This is where M wanted to spend most of her time at the orchard.


The cider was good!


Posing with the pumpkins


M & Addie



On Sunday morning, we visited a new church. We enjoy being lazy on Sunday mornings and taking our time getting ready for the service at 11. However, it's more important for us to find a church that we really feel is the right fit for us. So, we got up and moving on Sunday morning to make it downtown by 9:30. I go to MOPS at this church so we were looking forward to visiting their worship service. We were happy with our first visit and plan to go back. Since we were done with church so early, we were also able to have lunch and do a little shopping before coming home. We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing at home.

1 comment:

Tara said...

oh man, she is looking more like a little lady these days. Love her curls.