Friday, November 13, 2009

Clarksville Half Marathon



This past Saturday was the Clarksville Half Marathon. The race was at 8am so Bryan & I were up by 6. Our babysitter came to stay with Marlie while we ran. A half marathon is 13.1 miles. I ran 13 miles two weeks ago, but this run was MUCH harder. I struggled a lot and was disappointed with my end result, but I completed the race in 2 hours and 38 minutes.
On the other hand, I was very proud of Bryan. He was in the field for the 2 weeks prior to the race so he wasn't able to run much leading up to Saturday. He finished the race in 2 hours and 4 minutes.
I'm glad to have the experience behind me now. I plan to sign up for the Country Music 1/2 Marathon in Nashville in April. For now I'm going to take a bit of a rest from running long distances though!

Once again we had to take a post race picture at our house because there was nowhere to put our camera at the race site.

You can view some of our action shots here. You have to search by our bib numbers though. Mine was 132 and Bryan's was 133.

http://orders.racephotonetwork.com/QPPlus/SearchBibNumber.aspx?EventID=838397&_AccountNumber=20098&EventName=%20%&EventDate=


Here is a picture from the start of the race where you can see Bryan well.

2 comments:

Tara said...

you go girl! That is amazing. Congrats to you both.

The Tooles said...

So impressed by your committment to training for this event! After all your hard work, I think a break is definately in order=)