Friday, November 20, 2009

Spa Day

Back before Mother's Day, I said that I would love to have some relaxing time at the spa. Bryan had looked into a trip for myself and my friend Kelly to go to Nashville and spend the day at the spa and night at a nice hotel. After months of us never getting around to making that trip, I decided that maybe we should try something on a smaller scale.
Last Wednesday Bryan had the day off so Kelly & I made an appointment at a spa here in Clarksville. The day was AMAZING!
We started with a facial - which I had never had before. I was pleasantly surprised at how relaxing a facial is. I almost fell asleep during the process!
The facial lasted an hour and after that we had our foot treatments. Their foot treatment is basically a pedicure, but it was the best one I've ever had.
Following our foot treatments, we had lunch in the Garden Room of the spa. We had vegetable soup, corn bread and chocolate cake. We decided that it was a perfect meal because the vegetable soup wasn't heavy or super filling. Therefore we had plenty of room left for our big piece of cake!
Our final treatment for the day was our hour long massage. It was wonderful! After the massage, the therapist told me that she could tell during the treatment how badly my body needed that.
Overall it was one of the best days I've had since we moved here. It was great to be able to share such a relaxing day with a good friend who also needed a break. I'm so thankful to Bryan for making the day possible for us!

No comments: