Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Back in Training

I recently registered for the Country Music Half Marathon which will be held in Nashville in April. I have had a long break from working out so I was excited to get back in the gym today. I have wanted to try the P90X or CrossFit exercise programs for quite a while but haven't been able to do them while training for a run. I decided to do my own version of CrossFit and integrate it into my training. Today was my first attempt and I really enjoyed the workout!

Here's how my gym time went:
5 minute warm up on the elliptical
30 minute run on the treadmill
5 minute cool down on the treadmill
Next I moved into the weight room for 3 Rounds of:
20 Pull Ups
20 Dips
15 Sit Ups
15 Hip Extensions
Of course I ended with some serious stretching!

Since I've been posting so many recipes lately, I decided that I should try to post my workouts too. That way it will look like I do something other than eat all the time!

2 comments:

Tara said...

oh my, I don't think I could even do one pull up.

CaliValleyGirl said...

I just moved here and was thinking about getting into running races again as a distraction from the upcoming deployment. I'm not sure if I have enough time to jump into the Nashville Half-Marathon considering I haven't run at all in years. But I will probably make it for the Clarksville one...but it is tempting...I will be following your progress!