Thursday, February 18, 2010

Snowed In!

As I mentioned before, I couldn't care less about the snow. After this past weekend, I am beyond over it!
The weekend was a 4 day for Bryan. I had to do an 8 mile run on Saturday morning so we didn't do any big family event then. Bryan took Marlie to the Burger King on post so that she could burn off some energy on their indoor playground. After she woke up from her nap that afternoon, we took her to the library. Her friend, David, joined us there and we later took both of them to Chick-Fil-A (once again for the playground).
On Sunday morning we went to church and that evening we made fondue at home. We had no interest in fighting the Valentine's Day crowds to go out.
We had decided to go to Nashville on Monday and spend the whole day there. Of course we woke up to more snow and frozen roads! Rather than the fun day we had planned, we were all trapped in the house again! This was our 4th round of snow this year and Marlie & I are both tired of being stuck inside! We tried to keep her entertained but there's only so much you can do. After she got up from her nap we had the great idea to take her to the bowling alley on post. Apparently everyone else had that idea too! We arrived and there was an hour wait just to get a lane! In the end, the whole day turned out to be a bust.
Marlie's school was back open on Tuesday so we decided to go ahead and send her even though Bryan was still off. Bryan & I spent the morning at the gym running and playing basketball. All 3 of us enjoyed finally getting some activity!
I wish I had some great pictures to show what a fun time we had this President's Day weekend. Instead, this is all I've got. Hopefully our next long weekend will be more exciting!

1 comment:

Erin Duvall said...

The cold weather stinks. I am ready for summer.