Monday, March 08, 2010

Fun Start to March

There hasn't been much interesting going on to blog about, but this weekend was a fun one! Last week was very laid back for Marlie & I so I decided we would do something on Friday. Some friends of ours joined us at the JumpZone here in Clarksville. We've only been once in the year we've lived here. Last time M wasn't too interested in all the big inflatables and this time it took a while for her to warm up again. She enjoyed herself but I think we'll wait another 6 months or so before we visit again.
The inflatable she liked the most

They were holding hands right before this picture was taken - of course!


On Saturday morning we went with some other friends to Nashville to the Adventure Science Center. I took my camera in the hopes of getting some fun pictures. I would have had some really neat ones - except my battery was dead! M had a great time and we became members so that we can enjoy it some more over the next year.
When we left the Science Center, we went to lunch at MAFIAoZA's. It was very good and I hope we can go back again when we're in that area. They were more kid friendly that I originally expected and brought out pizza dough for the children to play with. I would recommend this pizzeria to anyone else that is near this part of Nashville.
Saturday evening Bryan & I attended a North Georgia College reunion/gathering at the home of one of the Generals here at Fort Campbell. He & his wife attended North Georgia so it was cool that they would host something like this. Basically every soldier at Campbell who graduated from NGCSU and any other alumni in the area were invited to attend. There were young officers who graduated as recently as 2009 and a retired 2 Star General who graduated many moons ago. The NGCSU President, Commandant of Cadets and other officials from the school also attended. It was fun to hang out with a diverse group who enjoyed reminiscing about their time at North Georgia.

No comments: