Wednesday, April 28, 2010

2010 Country Music Marathon & Half-Marathon

This weekend was awesome! After a minor setback on Friday afternoon, Holly, Corey & I hit the road to go to Nashville. Before we left Holly's house, we took this picture & her daughter decided to sneak in.


We went straight to the CMM Expo where we picked up our race packets. We should have been crossing the street here in downtown Nashville rather than taking a picture!


After we left the expo we went to find our hotel and somewhere to eat dinner. After dinner we went back to our hotel to prepare for the next morning. We attempted to go to bed a little early because we were waking up at 4am! I can't tell you the last time I saw 4am! We really needed more sleep but were so excited!



I "borrowed" the next few pictures from the race photography company. This was somewhere between 6 & 630am in the port-a-potty line!


These were taken in the last mile of the race when I was REALLY trying to beat 2:38.



My chip time was actually 2:39 (Not the 3:24 clock you see in the picture). I was hoping to run a little faster, but I had so much fun that it's ok. Maybe it was that swig of beer I took at mile 11 that slowed me down? ;)


My legs were in A LOT of pain at this point! I needed to stretch bad but we were still in the finish area here and going through lines.


Bryan & Marlie came to meet up with us after the race. Bryan took this picture and then the rain we had been afraid of all morning started. We were drenched walking to the car, but I'm so thankful I didn't have to run in the rain for 2 hours!
Notice M sneaking in the picture like Holly's daughter did in the first one?


We had so much fun this weekend and I'm already looking forward to my next race. I'm even toying with the idea of running a full marathon for my 30th birthday in December!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

WTG Cristin!!

Erin Duvall said...

Way to go! Awesome accomplishment!