Wednesday, April 14, 2010

First School Pictures

M & I have stayed pretty busy recently, although we haven't done anything terribly exciting. I had my last long training run on Friday (14 miles) and I'm so glad that's behind me!
On Saturday morning we attended Chelsea's bridal shower. (Chelsea is our babysitter and M is going to be one of her flowergirls.) I was hesitant about taking M but she did well. Most of the guests were Chelsea's sorority sisters and they seemed to enjoy interacting with M.
Sunday morning we went to church and by the time we got there I was ready for a break! Our worship service is at 9:30 but M had already been such a challenge that morning. She was in a much better mood by the time I picked her up. Praise the Lord!
Monday morning we had our 2nd week of swim lessons. The biggest accomplishment of the morning wasn't in the water though. After the lesson when we were changing into our dry clothes, I asked M if she would like to use the potty and she agreed. Sure enough, we went in the stall and she used the big potty. This was huge! Although she has been making great progress at home, she has not felt comfortable using a potty outside our house - even at her preschool. As you can imagine, we were having quite a celebration in the locker room at the YMCA!
Yesterday morning M's class had Muffins with Mom. The moms were invited to come and enjoy snack time with the children. I sat with M & her friend (whose mom couldn't make it). We enjoyed scones and then played together in the classroom. I also got to see M's first school pictures. Here's a peek at them. Of course I'm partial, but I think they're pretty cute!





5 comments:

Ashley said...

She is so photogenic!

Tara said...

those pictures are great!

The Tooles said...

Way to go M...literally, on the potty that is! She poses so nicely for pictures. I can only pray that such cooperation is in Caroline's near future. I personally like the hand on the hip... We all know toddlers have attitude=)

Following the Fager's said...

very cute!!! :)

MamaT said...

Great pics. She is sooooo cute!