Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Picking Strawberries

On Saturday, Marlie & I made our first trip to a strawberry farm. We invited some friends to join us and we had a great time picking our gallon of berries. I was scared that all the rain we had gotten would ruin the crops, but the strawberries were huge, red & delicious! M had a great time picking her strawberries (although I had to keep reminding her not to pick the green ones!) until she got stuck in the mud! We have been enjoying our strawberries for days now!

Showing off one of the first berries she picked.


Having fun


The "fruits" of our labor!


Addie & Marlie - notice the mud on her shoes!


Just barely tall enough!


Mother's Day was pretty low key for us. Bryan & Marlie gave me some flowers and chocolate earlier in the week before he left. On Sunday M & I just went to church, the commissary, and then spent the evening with some friends. Their husbands/dads were gone too so we had a little potluck and let the kids play. It's always good to spend time with friends who are in the same boat as you.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Looks like you guys had a good time and that place looks so neat!

Tara said...

I am so jealous of those strawberries. I must find a place for Ramsey to go around here. Thanks for the idea.