Tuesday, August 03, 2010

The Georgia End of Our Vacation

When we got back from Florida, we had about a week left in Georgia for leave. Bryan has been really wanting to go to a Braves game and we were glad we got a chance to go to one with some friends.



We were even able to squeeze in a quick trip to Macon to meet our newest cousin, Sawyer. Of course, Marlie & Aiden just wanted to play together the whole time.


On July 3rd, Bryan & I went up to Atlanta for the Peachtree Road Race the next morning. We picked up our race packets and got some takeout from Maggiano's. We spent the evening relaxing in our room at the Ritz-Carlton. Our room was also high enough up that we had a good view of different fireworks shows around town.
This huge flag was at the starting line. I did a lot of thinking about how blessed I am that I live in a country where I can throw on a tank top, shorts, and running shoes and go out for a run on a Sunday morning. There are so many people (especially women) who aren't able to enjoy such simple pleasures.


Waiting for our wave to start!



My tortoise that Tara did for me, and of course I had to show off my Army wife pride on Independence Day!


After the race we went back to Greensboro so we could spend the afternoon and evening at the lake. Marlie had a blast on Pop's boat!



Bryan & Avery


M, Jared & Jessica


Getting ready to watch the fireworks!


Poor M couldn't keep her eyes open when the flash went off!


We had a busy but fun holiday weekend. We came back to Campbell on the 5th so that we could jump back into our routine.

No comments: