Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Marlie's (actual) Birthday

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I last posted! I have a lot of catching up to do again!
We had Marlie's birthday party the week before Bryan left so I decided her actual birthday would just be a day of fun with friends. We loaded up into my friend's minivan and went to the zoo in Nashville. It took us quite a while to get 4 carseats arranged and the 7 of us actually in the zoo. It turned out to be a short trip but the kids still had a lot of fun.


We came back in time for everyone to get naps/rest. When it got close to dinner time we loaded up again and went to Cheeseburger Charleys. I had never been before, but Bryan & Marlie had gone a few times. You just can't go wrong with hamburgers, hotdogs, fries and onion rings!


The best thing about Cheesburger Charleys is that it's right beside Coldstone Creamery! After dinner we took our crazy crew in Coldstone. There is always a long line there and it was funny how the people kept staring at us 4 women and our 7 children! One man finally told us over and over how we deserved medals.
The kids were so cute looking at all the flavors!


Marlie usually goes for the "blue" ice cream, but that night she went with "purple".


The perfect way to end a fun day!


That's my girl!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Its hard to believe she is so big! It looks like she enjoyed her birthday with her friends.

The Tooles said...

Happy Birthday Marlie=) Sounds like a great day to me...zoo, burgers and ice cream...sign me up! I figured you were busy. Looks like everyone is feeling better now.