Wednesday, November 10, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day 1

My friend, Ashley, is participating in 30 Days of Truth on her blog. I thought it looked interesting so she shared the "questions" with me. Some of these are kind of deep and I haven't decided how I feel about that. There is no way I will be able to do all 30 days in a row though, so they will probably be posted sporadically. Here is Day 1 though!

Day 1 - Something You Hate About Yourself

I had to think about this one for a minute, but only a minute! I hate that I am not a good housekeeper! It's not that my house isn't clean, because it is totally sanitary and healthy. I'm just bad about clutter. It's a constant source of stress for me, yet I am unmotivated to do enough about it. I've tried FlyLady and Motivated Moms systems, but neither one seems right for me. It definitely doesn't help that Marlie seems to create a mess twice as fast as I can clean one up! I am trying to get better about teaching her to clean up her own toys, but that will definitely be a work in progress for a while (I'm guessing until she's around 18?). I can only hope that one day I'll get the hang of this...

3 comments:

The Tooles said...

Thanks for your well wishes. His name is Dr. Sepesi and he is amazing. He also confirmed he is one of the ONLY docs in Athens who will do a VBAC-I feel pretty lucky to have found him. Based on articles I have been reading, I think the VBAC pendulum may be starting to swing the other way=) Who knows, maybe someday soon woman will actually have a say in how to deliver their own child!=)

MamaT said...

From the words of wise Grandma Sandra Fanning . . . there will be lots of time for cooking and cleaning when the kids are grown. Don't sweat it!

The Wife said...

I can totally relate. I don't even have kids yet, and between my husband and I, there is ALWAYS clutter. I can't even imagine what it will be like if we ever have children. I always feel like I am a horrible housekeeper, yet I am always cleaning. It's an endless circle. I'm glad I'm not alone!!