Monday, November 22, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day 2

Day 2 - Something You Love About Yourself

Since my life has revolved around this marathon lately, it has helped me even more to learn to love my body. It's not the way you think though! I will never be the slimmest, most muscular person you know, but I love that God has blessed me with a strong, healthy body. My body has created life and carried it for 9 months! I am almost 30 and my body has carried me hundreds of miles over the past 4 months. Isn't that amazing?!
I feel like a positive body image is so important for a female now more than ever. Now that I have a daughter, I want her to always know that my body isn't perfect but it doesn't need to be. I hope that I will never talk negatively about my body in front of her and I purposely do not own a scale so that she won't see me judging myself by a number.

I saw this quote in Runner's World not too long ago and I hope you like it as much as I do:
It is the runner in me who understands that the beauty of my body is in the things it can do, not the way it looks doing them.

1 comment:

Lemon Stand said...

I LOVE that quote... I think I may have to steal that one... :)