Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Pre-Halloween Festivities

We had quite a few Halloween related events to attend this year, so by the time Halloween weekend actually arrived, we were just about over it!
It began on the 22nd with a family friendly coffee group meeting. Marlie was excited to wear her costume for the first time and she enjoyed being able to play with one of her favorite friends, David (aka Buzz Lightyear!).


I finally decided that it would be safe to go ahead and carve our pumpkin the weekend before Halloween. Marlie enjoyed helping Bryan last year, but this time she would not come close to touching the inside of the pumpkin! Needless to say, I was left doing ALL the work!


On Thursday night, Bryan's unit held a Trunk or Treat for the families. Since I'm an FRG leader, that meant that I was in charge of our trunk and was working the whole night.
On Friday night, Marlie & I got dressed up again and we (along with my mom who was visiting) went to our favorite sushi restaurant. The restaurant was having a costume contest the whole week and the winner would get a $50 gift card. I found out yesterday morning that we were the winners!

No comments: