Friday, December 31, 2010

Looking Back on 2010

We have been blessed in so many ways during this past year. Here are some of the highlights!
We wish you all a blessed 2011!

January
We rang in the New Year at home with our neighbors
We had our first snow on the year on 7 January

February
Marlie got her hair trimmed for the first time
Bryan turned 29

March
Bryan & I attended an NGCSU "Reunion" at the home of General Townshend
We found out that Bryan would be deploying at the end of the summer
I signed up for SwagBucks and have been hooked on it since!

April
We attended my sorority's Alumni Easter Egg Hunt in Athens
Marlie had her first swim lessons
We enjoyed our 3rd Easter as a family of 3
I ran the 2010 Country Music Half-Marathon in Nashville

May
Bryan spent the month at JRTC at Fort Polk, Louisiana
Clarksville experienced significant flooding
Marlie & I went to a strawberry farm for the first time
I enjoyed my 3rd Mother's Day with Marlie

June
Marlie was a flower girl in Chelsea's wedding
I joined Stella & Dot as a stylist

July
For Bryan's block leave, we visited St Augustine Beach, Club Med at Port St Lucie, Walt Disney World, & Sea World
Bryan & I ran the Peachtree Road Race
Bryan & I attended his unit's St Barbara's Ball where he received the Honorable Order of Saint Barbara Award and I received the Molly Pitcher award.

August
We had our annual family pictures taken
We had Marlie's 3rd birthday party a few weeks early so Bryan could take part in the festivities
Bryan deployed to Afghanistan as a battery commander
Marlie & I celebrated her 3rd birthday with friends by taking a trip to the zoo and eating cheeseburgers and ice cream.

September
Marlie & I visited Georgia and I was able to attend a UGA football game for the first time in a few years. We also spent Labor Day weekend in Helen.

October
Our friend, Aaron, was wounded in Afghanistan. (He was just discharged from Walter Reed this week and will now be receiving outpatient care.)
Marlie & I attended a special production for military families of Disney on Ice: Toy Story 3 compliments of MetLife, Cracker Barrell & a local businessman.
Marlie & I visited Christian Way Farms, which is a local pumpkin patch.
Marlie was a strawberry for Halloween & we enjoyed trick or treating in our neighborhood. We also won a costume contest at my favorite sushi restaurant!
I ran the 2nd Clarksville Half Marathon

November
We celebrated Thanksgiving in Georgia with our family

December
I ran the St Jude Memphis Marathon!
I turned 30
We celebrated Christmas in Georgia with family & we had snow on Christmas Day!
Marlie got her first "real" hair cut

1 comment:

Lemon Stand said...

A year of LIFE. :) The best of wishes for this coming year from our family to yours.