Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Thirty!

On 21 December, I turned 30! I'm not at all bothered by turning 30 because I know most things in my life are better than ever. I only wish that Bryan could have been with me for my birthday. We were able to talk to him that morning though so that was good enough. While we were on the phone, I opened my present from Bryan that he had sent to my parents' house. I am not a coffee drinker but I love hot tea and hot chocolate. Bryan got me a steeping mug and an assortment of loose leaf teas from The Tea Spot. I had been sick for a few days so that was a perfect gift. I will also have my bib and medal from the marathon framed as another gift.

I went out to dinner that night with M, my parents and sister. Before we left the house they sang Happy Birthday to me and brought out a lemon cake (one of my favorites). My parents also gave me a gift certificate for a one hour massage.


Of course I needed some help blowing out my candles


It took me all day to decide on a restaurant but I finally picked a place in Athens that I hadn't been to since college. Speakeasy is a fun tapas restaurant downtown.


Apparently I also needed help eating my chocolate


White Chocolate Fondue - everyone's favorite dish!


Although you can't see it in the dark, the restaurant overlooks Broad St and North Campus.

No comments: