Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Swirlz

My friend, April, recently had her birthday and we celebrated with a fun girls night at Swirlz. Swirlz is one of those places that seem to be growing in popularity where you particpate in a painting class. You can bring in your own food and drinks if you would like and attempt to be creative. I am someone who doesn't have an artistic bone in my body so it was a lot of fun but frustrating to me at the same time. Thankfully fun friends and good wine made the night really enjoyable!
Here's how it all began...

...and the progression



My finished product!



My friend, Mandy, and I sat beside one another and spent most of the night laughing!


April & I are on the far left


All the girls!


I decided I wanted to hang the painting where people wouldn't be able to look at it up close and see all the imperfections. I found the perfect spot!


What you don't see in the previous pictures that was taking place at Swirlz was this!

Lifetime Television Network has been at Fort Campbell filming a new series called Coming Home. April's was one of the families selected to be a part of the show so they were at Swirlz filming. Marlie & I also helped make signs for April's husband before he came home and they were filming that. There's a good chance that we will be on the show so I hope we don't look ridiculous! It made me nervous enough just having the cameras around for brief periods. I quickly learned that I could never handle actually being followed for something like that!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Love your painting and wish they had something like that around here. I can't wait to see that new show and I will keep an eye out for you and M.

The Tooles said...

Looks fun...I found one in Athens that I think I am going to go to in a couple weeks. I am not creative either so I am eager to see what they can do with me. Let us know when you might have your 15 minutes (seconds) of fame=)

Brittany said...

Your painting turned out so pretty, girl! But I love that you hung it somewhere special in your house so everyone can see it. :)

April said...

awww I love this (and your painting)! I really like where you decided to hang it too, I bet it looks great :)